Monday 22 July 2013

Homemade Washing Powder




Making your own Washing Powder:

You will need
Borax
Soda Crystals
Soap Flakes

The recipe I had was something like this; 6 cups of soap flakes, 3 cups of soda crystals, and 1.5 cups of borax.
What I do is slightly over half fill my glass jar with Soap Flakes, then half fill the remaining space with Soda Crystals and then half fill again the remaining space with Borax.

This works for me. I use roughly 1 tablespoon of this shaken powder for a big load or dirty washing, and roughly 1 teaspoon for small loads. I put it in the drum with the clothes.
There is no 'smell' with this.

To add scent, I use essential oils instead of Fabric Conditioner depending on what I am washing.
My 'go to' oils are Tea Tree, Lavender, Lemon, Cinnamon, Citronella and Patchouli. Citronella is a new one for the summer, to TRY and reduce the amount of Midgies that attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment